17 March 2011

{17march2011: Paws for Japan}


The videos and images coming out of Japan since the massive earthquake (and subsequent aftershocks) and tsunami swept the north east coast of the country last week have been jaw dropping.  I heard the news from my sister who called to see if I had seen it on the news.  After her phone call I couldn't sleep.  I have a cousin going to school and friends working in Tokyo and I stayed up watching tv and reading posts on Facebook and Twitter waiting to hear that everyone was safe (they were thankfully).  The more pictures that I see, especially the before and after images from National Geographic, are shocking and heart breaking.  
I know we all think, what can we do to help.  There are many organizations you could donate to, but please help show the people of Japan that you care about them, and also their pets.  World Vets is currently on the ground in Japan helping in the search and rescue of the animal victims of the devastating earthquake that forever changed Japan.  Maybe you could spare a few dollars you were going to use for a (green) beer for St. Patty's day and donate it instead.

3 comments:

  1. That whole thing is just so sad....they are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such an terrible and scary thing that has happen to Japan!

    Licks and lots of slobber to heal their wounds,
    Lexi and Jasper the Danes

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is happening over in Japan breaks my heart,
    the images are just heartbreaking!

    We used some of our green beer money to help:)

    ReplyDelete