We got an award from our fun lab friends Mack and Mia!
Here are the rules:
Rule 1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
BIG thank you to Mack and Mia, the some of our funniest friends, and home of the infamous MACK ATTACK!
Rule 2. Share 7 things about yourself.
1. Darwin has the same toys from when she was a tiny puppy... those stuffies she doesn't try to destuff, but anything new doesn't stand a chance, especially if it has plastic eyeballs.
2. Darwin doesn't like her tail or butt being touched
3. Darwin still has a gimpy butt*
4. Darwin will not sit on the ground if we're out at a public place (bar, restaurant, etc)... she'll stand the whole time
5. Darwin gets scared of anything she's not familiar with, even a plastic bag on the ground
6. Darwin is a pro at walking up her ramp to get into the car
7. Darwin has "gorgeous hips" (this according to her vet who reviewed her xrays)
Rule 3. Pass the award along to 7 bloggers who you think are fantastic.
1. Ollie the tiny Yorkie puppy
2. Ammy and the rest of the Army of Four (Ammy tells the best jokes)
3. Miss M and Mr B the two pitties in the city
4. Remi whom we'll hopefully see again soon
5. Nala, Remi's sister whom we'll hopefully see again soon too!
6. Murphy and his kitty sister Fergie
7. Remington and his kitty brother Oz
Rule 4. Contact Blog award winners.
Thank you again to Mack and Mia!
*More news on Darwin's gimpy butt (it's technically not her butt, but I like calling her that).
We have an appointment with the neurologist next week Monday and I've been doing a lot of google researching on what it could possibly be. I've found this page with information about Intervertebral Disc Disease in Dogs, and a few other pages on Cauda Equina Syndrome and Thoracolumbar Intervertebral Disc Disease but the last two seem to be problems of the Lumbar spine and Darwin's xrays showed compression in her Thorasic spine.
She had an accident on the couch (again) this weekend, and I'm wondering if it is related to this back issue where she's becoming incontinent due to the compression in her spine. She's still taking 1 Prednisone pill every day, and tomorrow goes down to 1 pill every other day. I don't think her peeing incident has to do with the Prednisone (though her roid rage and dandruff may) as she doesn't even seem to know she had an accident til she stands up.
Ugh. I just wish she was healthy or even that we knew what was wrong specifically and how to fix it.