04 June 2010

{3june2010: weekend review.. day 1 part 1}

OK, here's day 1 part 1... there's more pictures for part 1, but Blogger's being a pain and I can't add any more for now (I found out you have a 1gb storage limit, but I checked and I still have at least half a gigs worth of storage space left...) so I'll just add more to the part 2 post... hopefully.

How was everyone's Memorial Day Weekend?! 
We went on another road trip!  As part of my birthday present from Jason, we stayed at an awesome bed and breakfast in Vancouver Island, Cougars Crag in Metchosin.  It's fairly new and was built for the purpose of being a b&b.  It was super dog friendly and the owner even had a Great Dane himself!
We'll start with our first day.
We wanted to take the 830am ferry from Anacortes, WA to Sidney, BC, so we got up early early Saturday morning for the hour and a half drive to Anacortes.  We got there early to make sure we'd get on and Darwin did not seemed entertained while we waited.
Once we got loaded onto the ferry we let Darwin out to do a few laps around the parking deck.
We got to Sidney and went through customs and headed to the main town of Sidney to get some lunch.  
After lunch we found an apple cider winery, Sea Cider Farm, and stopped by for a tasting. 
Good stuff.
Darwin got to pose by her favorite fruit tree... too bad it's not apple season yet!
We loaded her up again and headed over to Butchart Gardens.  It was pricier than I was expecting to go, but they are a pet friendly place and so Darwin could walk around the grounds with us.  
She got tons of attention from everyone.  There was even this cute little girl, she must've been around 1.5 or 2, that was fascinated by Darwin.  She didn't want to leave Darwin's side.  (Dang it, we didn't get pictures of her, but trust me it was the cutest thing to see this tiny little girl walking circles around Dar.)

Stay tuned for day 1 part 2... if Blogger decides to cooperate.

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun trip. You find the coolest dog friendly places. We were going to call you to meet at Norms, but I thought it would be to hard for Remi to behave if there was a dog there he knew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart people to focus their attention on Darwin. I got a visual of little girl with Darwin . . . so cute! Oh, and the dog on leash sign is fabulous for my dog training tips. But I won't snatch it. I'll just point traffic here :) Hope all is swell!!!
    Twinkie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pawesome!!!

    Thanks fur sharing!!!

    I khan't wait to see more!!!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darwin!
    What an awesome weekend going to all those dog friendly places! Those gardens look beautiful we especially love the photo with the red flowers and the one of your smoochy face resting on the car seat!

    I'm sorry to hear that you're still having a bit of trouble with your bod! I think acupuncture sounds like a good idea!
    My Mumma knows a lady who has a Dane pup with a roach back. The lady has taken him for Bowen therapy and Acupuncture and the difference is amazing! He is back is looking a lot less hunched and he is feeling so much better! I know its not the same thing - but still :)

    your pal,
    Digby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looked like a fab weekend. Maybe if we go visit our hooman sissy & B-I-L in Seattle we can retrace your steps! Mama likes wine. Yup!!
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRD and Hootie

    ps-Happy belated b-day to your mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee hee! "Dogs must keep owners on a leash.". Hee hee hee!
    Love,
    Ams

    ReplyDelete