25 October 2009

{140 days old}

New park!  We decided to try out a new park after going to Marymoor a few times.  This time we headed over to Magnuson Off Leash Park which is the only park in Seattle with a beach!  I brought some bubbles with us for Darwin to chase.


We made it down to the water area to see if Darwin would get in the water.

She wasn't really sure of it, so Jason had to walk in with her so she'd go in.


We were impressed that she was willing to go so far in... still hoping that we'll get her to swim, and like it!

5 comments:

  1. You know, Waldo is a dane and he is a most wonderful swimmer. I have seen Honey swim, but I don't think she likes it much. So I guess you dane doggies can go either way. Having so many pals in the water will make it much more exciting for you.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fantastic place to run around and play! I'm sure you'll get used to the water, at least you were happy to go in! :) I went for a first introduction to water at a doggie swimming place (should be on my blog soon), and then went to the beach the other day!! I loved the water...hehe I like chasing the splashes!

    I love the photo with the bubbles floating around!

    Flappy Ears,
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darwin in Seattle!
    Nice to meet you. Mom says she loves Seattle and the Pacific Northwest! I've never been. I'm right behind you at almost 7mo old. Isn't the water terrific? Took me a bit, but now I love it.
    Come by for a visit if ya like.

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are 100% correct about kids at the dog park! Jack thinks they are trying to play with him when they start running - so we usually have to leave when anyone small comes in!

    He may have to do a set of rules for peoples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you think of bubbles? I will have to try that with Africa. Thank you so much for your concern and advice. You guys are doing a fabulous job with your puppy.
    Kasha and Africa

    ReplyDelete